Tuesday, July 9, 2013

THAT'S A WRAP: Rainbow 6 Patriots - Brotherly Blood

This project started in 2012 when I saw a trailer for the video game "Rainbow 6 Patriots" set to come out December of 2013. It didn't reveal much, but it showed a topic and story that I just had to touch down on.


The video game trailer ask you, "Are you willing to turn your gun on a fellow countryman?"




   And that's where it all started for me. For my first action film, I wanted to do something different than what I always see. A bad story that usually ends in unreal violence. The protagonist barely gets a scratch and then he destroys hundreds upon hundreds of people.
   No, I wanted to make something where it was a challenge to kill the people in front of the gun. What if you aimed down the sites as a soldier, and saw your cousin, or someone you know on the other side, firing back at you. Pulling the trigger is your only option or you die. But then again, you have to live with the memory of putting down someone you love.
   I wanted to open the film with chaos, showing that the terrorist were a big deal and not just a bunch of random people doing this with no motive. Kidnapping a Doctor, then an attack while a new cast airs was a good way to show these guys meant business, and that they were dominate in the situation.
   When Rainbow Team comes in, they are lead by a man, Kurt played by Wofford Lee Jones, who is very well adapted, but vulnerable to the enemy they face. Kurt can't trust anyone but his team. The mission is getting more dangerous as they advance, trying to rescue Doctor Houser, played by Jeff Alexander.


I am proud to call this my first short action film. I learned a lot about myself, and the aspect of filmmaking. I took on visual effects for the first time, and taught myself to be patient. I honestly can't wait for the next one and the chance to work with an amazing cast and crew. Thank you guys so much!


- Silas J. Rowland 


Go see the film! Share it, like it, and tell us what you think! Rainbow 6 Patriots - Brotherly Blood