Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Si-Says: DAREDEVIL

Marvel's DAREDEVIL streaming on Netflix.
Starring: Charlie Cox, Vincent D'Onofrio, Deborah Ann Woll, Elden Henson

Daredevil follows Matt Murdock, an attorney by day and vigilante by night. Blinded as a child, Murdock uses his enhanced senses to fight crime and kick ass.







If you're part of the human race like most of us then you might have despised the 2003 Daredevil starring Ben Affleck. I'm pretty sure he hated it too, so don't feel bad. Don't let that discourage you from watching this show. Trust me, you'll regret missing out on this action packed thrill ride. Here are 5 reasons you should binge watch Daredevil tonight:

1. THE CAST
When I first heard they were making a Daredevil show to put on Netflix I was pretty excited. The casting hadn't yet been released and I knew that was going to be a big factor whether I watched this or not. Well, I would have watched it either way but it really dictated whether or not I would enjoy it. They released the casting details revealing that Charlie Cox would be portraying our vigilante. At first, I had no idea who this guy was or what he was capable of. I didn't even think he had the looks for Murdock but then I watched the first episode, the second, and then the rest. I'm telling you, this cast kicked ass! This was our Breaking Bad but in a superhero form.



2. THE FIGHTING AND CHOREOGRAPHY 
No words, just watch...


3. IT'S NOT AN ORIGIN STORY
Instead of a bunch of melodramatic backstory, we jump right into Murdock kicking butt. It's over the course of flashbacks that we see what happened to make him who he is. Surprisingly they didn't overuse the flashbacks. I think comic book based cinema and tv should try using this route instead of spending half a movie on the origin when we already know what goes down. Show us the acton!



4. VINCENT D'ONOFRIO AS THE KINGPIN
This is probably my favorite casting choice. Vincent sinks into this role and delivers a performance you will not forget. Big, bald, bad, and bloody. At times the Kingpin fools you into thinking he is the good guy trying to save Hell's Kitchen but in reality you see that he owns that city. If anyones a Devil, it's this guy.



5. YOU'LL WANT TO OPEN THEM COMICS AGAIN
I've never really been big on comics, but I've always had a stash on the shelf. After watching this, it gave me the nostalgic feeling of looking at the bloody Daredevil comics I owned as a younger kid. I still own them, and I'm going to open them up right after I post this bad boy.



What did you think about DAREDEVIL? Ben Affleck or Charlie Cox?

No comments:

Post a Comment